CDL License Classes
CDL Class A
- Any combination of vehicles with a GCWR of 26,001 or more pounds provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000 pounds.
- Example – Tractor trailer
CDL Class B
- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.
- Examples – Dump truck, cement truck, bus, school bus, large box trucks
CDL Class C
- Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that is not a class A or B, but is made to transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is transporting material hazardous materials.
- Examples – Passenger vans, small buses
Pass your CDL written test tomorrow with CDL test questions and answers.